Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Confession Time

One of the things I struggle with constantly is time management. I want to badly to do everything and be superwoman but I know I can't be. I feel spread thin a lot of days and some things just go undone... like dinner. HA! But joking aside, one thing I have agonized over during the last year, is the incredible amount of guilt I feel when I am away from my son or working on things that require him to be on back burner. If I am on the phone or working on the computer and I have to turn the tv on to occupy him, I start feeling like a TERRIBLE mother. When I see him being destructive or lashing out because I know he needs attention, I once again, feel like I am selling him short. I have made a commitment lately to work harder than ever before because I know it's worth it. I LOVE what I do and I am so blessed to have a home business that provides me the ability to be at home. On the flip side, when I am playing with him or at the park or doing kid stuff I start to feel the urgency that I should be working!!!! AHHHHH it's a constant inner battle. I deal with it and I am sure ALL mom's do! I know its only a season of imbalance and trying to keep priority where it needs to be while working hard. I just feel like it's time for me to share this. When London was tiny and slept most of the day- I never though much about it. I was choosing to work instead of watching the Ellen Show....safe to say "good choice." But now, unless it's during the precious 2 hours of nap time that I HOPEFULLY get, I must choose between those big brown eyes or the passion I have for my business. I am trying to find creative ways to do both! For example last week London colored pictures, mommy made a "to do" list. I know I can't do everything and I know I will fail at times in both my business and as a mother but, God willing, I will strive to do my best in all areas and just trust that my efforts will pay off. I know I am a better mom because I have a purpose and a drive to provide for and help my family. I also know that I am better in my business because I can relate to other mom's doing what I am doing!

Whew, it feels good to just get that off my chest! Well, nap time could end any second... so I should get to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment